Conditions Relating to Your Use of VanBuyersGuide.ie.Please read these conditions carefully before using VanBuyersGuide.ie website. By using the VanBuyersGuide.ie website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility periodically to review this page for updates to these Terms & Conditions, which shall come into effect once posted. Your continued use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy Statement.
- Your account
- Access to VanBuyersGuide.ie
- License for website access
- Limitation of liability
- Your conduct
- Reviews, comments, communications and other content
- Copyright, authors' rights and database rights
- Electronic communications
- Third Parties
- Alteration of service or amendments to the Conditions
- Events beyond our reasonable control
1. Your AccountIf you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. VanBuyersGuide.ie reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content.
2. PrivacyPlease review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your visit to VanBuyersGuide.ie, to understand our practices.
3. Access to VanBuyersGuide.ieWe will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
4. License for website accessVanBuyersGuide.ie grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of VanBuyersGuide.ie. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product/service listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of VanBuyersGuide.ie and its affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising VanBuyersGuide.ie's or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of VanBuyersGuide.ie. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by VanBuyersGuide.ie. You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Welcome page of VanBuyersGuide.ie as long as the link does not portray VanBuyersGuide.ie, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any VanBuyersGuide.ie logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without our express written consent.
5. Limitation of liabilityTo the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither VanBuyersGuide.ie nor any of its directors, employees, affiliates or other representatives will be liable for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with your use of, or your inability to use, the materials, software and/or facilities or services offered through this website, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties, even if VanBuyersGuide.ie has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable.
6. Your conductYou must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you, and not VanBuyersGuide.ie are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam"
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
7. Reviews, comments, communications and other contentUsers of this website may post reviews, comments and other content; send communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. VanBuyersGuide.ie reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any content. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you
- grant VanBuyersGuide.ie and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub licensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media; and
- VanBuyersGuide.ie and its affiliates and sub licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to VanBuyersGuide.ie.
- the content and material is accurate;
- use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable VanBuyersGuide.ie policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory).
- you agree to indemnify VanBuyersGuide.ie and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against VanBuyersGuide.ie or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
- Reviews must be about a dining experience that took place in the last 3 months.
- Individuals can not be identified in any way, either by name or description.
- Reviews will not be published if we believe them to be a sales pitch from another restaurant or include content which is for commercial purposes.
- Text must be within the 2000 character limit.
- The content must actually be a review, rather than simple statements or words such as 'awful' or 'expensive' reviews should be constructive.
- The review needs to be about a dining experience!
- The naming or obvious describing of rival restaurants can not be included.
- We can not publish any comments that contain any libellous or unlawful information.
8. CompetitionsVanBuyersGuide.ie decision in relation to selection of prize winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of VanBuyersGuide.ie will be final. VanBuyersGuide.ie competitions are not open to staff of VanBuyersGuide.ie. their immediate family members or associated companies including (but not limited to) the competition promotional partner(s) and SMS/IVR service provider(s). Unless otherwise stated, competition entrants must be over 18 years old and resident in the island of Ireland in order to qualify as the prize winner. VanBuyersGuide.ie reserves the right to request written proof of age of any competition winner. Prizes are non transferable and will only be awarded to the winner. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s). If, due to circumstances beyond its control, a prize becomes unavailable VanBuyersGuide.ie and/or the promoter(s) reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value. Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize. VanBuyersGuide.ie and/or the promoter(s) will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 28 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner(s) will be notified of a delay. For the purposes of fulfilment of prizes by VanBuyersGuide.ie and/or the promoter(s) VanBuyersGuide.ie may require winner's details such as postal/email address or phone numbers and reserve the right to pass these details to a third party. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, VanBuyersGuide.ie accept no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, prize winners are required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with the specified third party provider(s). VanBuyersGuide.ie reserves the right to change prize details without notice and all prizes, including holiday travel dates, are subject to availability. Some competitions may require entrants to take part on the site in order to win the prize. Where this is required and where an entrant fails to take part as required or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the prize, that contestant will be deemed to have forfeited their opportunity to win the prize and will be disqualified from the competition. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as VanBuyersGuide.ie and/or the promoter(s) may require. All competition entries must be received by VanBuyersGuide.ie in the required format before the advertised closing date. Neither VanBuyersGuide.ie nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to VanBuyersGuide.ie promotions; fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or entries which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or other technical malfunction. VanBuyersGuide.ie reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice. Neither VanBuyersGuide.ie nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of taking a prize. Nor will VanBuyersGuide.ie have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in any VanBuyersGuide.ie competition or any of the prizes rewarded. Prizes not claimed within specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and VanBuyersGuide.ie may dispose of such prizes without any liability to the winner. Any person found to be in disregard of these rules will be disqualified automatically. VanBuyersGuide.ie reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion. Participation in VanBuyersGuide.ie competitions denotes acceptance of these terms and conditions and any additional competition specific terms and conditions which may be advertised.
9. Copyright, authors' rights and database rightsAll content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of VanBuyersGuide.ie. its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by Irish and international copyright, authors rights and database right laws. All software used on this website is the property of VanBuyersGuide.ie, our affiliates or our software suppliers and is protected by Irish and international copyright and authors rights laws. You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the website without VanBuyersGuide.ie's express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this website, without VanBuyersGuide.ie's express written consent. You also may not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial (e.g. our prices and product listings) parts of this website without VanBuyersGuide.ie's express written consent.
10. Electronic communicationsWhen you visit VanBuyersGuide.ie or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
11. Third Parties(a) Advertising
VanBuyersGuide.ie may serve advertisements to the Site or work with a third party to serve the advertisements. Advertisements placed on the Site may include but are not limited to banner ads, paid links, pop-up windows, buttons, and sponsorships. You agree that VanBuyersGuide.ie has the right to run such advertisements and promotions. VanBuyersGuide.ie does not control the content of these services which are supplied by third parties and the inclusion of content does not imply endorsement of the third party by VanBuyersGuide.ie or any association with that third party. User correspondence or business dealing with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or third parties found on or through the Site or Services, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the advertiser or third party. You agree that VanBuyersGuide.ie shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or third parties on the Site or Services.
(b) E-mail Marketing
VanBuyersGuide.ie and/or third parties may, from time to time, send e-mail messages to you containing advertisements, special promotions, and other marketing subject to your permission. Your correspondence or business dealing with advertisers or third parties found on the site or via email correspondence, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or third party. You agree that VanBuyersGuide.ie shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
The Site may contain images of and links to third party websites. Linked sites are not under the control of VanBuyersGuide.ie and you agree that VanBuyersGuide.ie is not responsible for the content of any linked sites. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked sites by VanBuyersGuide.ie or any association with its owners or operators. Your correspondence or business dealing with advertisers or third parties found on or through linked sites, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the User and such advertiser or third party. You agree that VanBuyersGuide.ie shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or third parties on the site or services offered.